Senior Software Engineer - Backend Services
As a member of the Marketplace Services team you will multiply Twilio’s offerings by building partner integrations that provide key capabilities such as voice transcriptions, intelligent semantics, and spam detection. You will join a team of other senior/principle developers to create backend data models that scale across partners and provide robust integrations through rich APIs. We are looking for engineers who can own and operate their own services while working collaboratively across many other teams within Twilio.
This is a highly visible role for a senior backend developer.
How we do it:
- Distributed architecture, Scalable data models, RESTful micro-services, Cloud hosted AWS services, and using the best in class tools to take care of deployment, monitoring, alerting.
- Create, maintain, own and operate your team’s services that supporting fundamental capabilities; from customer facing APIs, to high scale data layers, to service components that interact with both internal and external partners
- Lead architecture, design and code reviews
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Designers, Architects and other Engineering leaders to develop and deliver new Marketplace features
- 5+ years building and supporting mission critical services
- Expert level development skills with distributed systems and complex code bases
- Strong understanding of good API design principles
- Experience working with Java and MySQL (or other RDBMS) in a production environment
- You know AWS (EC2, Dynamo DB, SQS)
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top