Senior Software Engineer
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is continuing to grow rapidly and we’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Billing Platform team in our EMEA HQ in Dublin.
You will be responsible for supporting new projects initiatives, architecture decisions, testing strategies. The successful candidate will have deep Java / Scala experience as well as experience with ‘full stack’ web development and familiarity with many of the latest technologies and patterns emerging in web development today.
This position requires this individual to be a self starter, resourceful, being able to mentor and provide guidance to other software engineers’ on the team, as well being able to work effectively and efficiently on their own initiative.
As a Senior Scala Software Engineer we are looking for you to possess the following:
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, or relevant experience related to the position
- Strong experience working with Scala / Java
- 6+ years experience of modern web development
- 2+ years experience in a senior role
- Experience in leading projects from technical level
- Solid understanding of REST API's, SQL and databases.
- Nice to have: Experience with implementing testing
- Nice to have: Experience working with Python
- Nice to have: Experience with Billing Systems or Payment providers
In this position you will be;
- Working with high scale, high availability data pipelines dealing with billing events, Invoices, Taxes and other related items.
- Implementing features and fixing bugs on complex financial systems.
- Your day will be split between building new features, supporting existing systems, collaborating on new things being worked on, reviewing code and contributing to design/architecture discussions.
- Working as part of an agile, cross-functional and experienced team consisting of Engineers, Testers and Product Owner
- Developing software in short release cycles
- Working with 8 people per Scrum team, (Dev, QA, Product Owner) with 2 weeks Sprint cycles and daily scrum
- Be part of the regular sprint planning meetings and forecasting / estimation sessions
We on a mission to hire the very best employees and to create exceptional employee experiences. We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value to Twilio through our collaboration with the various functional teams. We realize that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours. You will have an incredible impact in how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability, and your role is integral into growing Twilio.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at WeWork Iveagh Court, Dublin 2 (we're across the street from the Harcourt Luas stop) You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered lunches 4 days a week, snacks, game area, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly dinners at All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top