Senior Product Manager - Billing Platform
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join Twilio to oversee our backend billing platform team. You will be responsible for helping to define the product roadmap, planning & prioritizing sprints, specifying new features, product enhancements and third-party integrations. Billing and Invoicing is a critical product that is the face of Twilio to our finance and operations departments, as well as to our Customers, and delivers numerous key metrics to our executive team.
- Own and execute the roadmap for our billing platform and internal tax and ERP integrations
- Partner with senior engineers to define, architect, and build new internal and external facing services
- Work with our QA analysts to properly document requirements and test plans for deploys around architecture enhancements and small/large scale projects
- Lead the team through backlog management, quarterly planning, developing user stories, and product demos
- Own strong communication channels between multiple internal departments as well as external customers and ISVs to coordinate releases
- Liaison with finance on system automation projects
- Lead requirements gathering
- Build a roadmap for Billing and Invoicing that covers internal and external requirements
- Own SOX and related system enhancements needed to meet SEC requirements and international invoicing
- Be the external face for the team working with customer success and sales, and customer communications
- Unblock the team when issues arise
- Experience working in an agile environment – delivering a strategy via bi-weekly/monthly/ quarterly releases, daily standups, and retrospectives
- Working knowledge of financial systems/home-grown billing systems
- 5-7 years in product management in a fast-paced SaaS company
- Excellent communications skills and capable of collaborating with multiple internal departments spread across different office locations
- Knowledge of SOX
- Bonus: knowledge of PCI, HIPAA and GDPR compliance
- You understand the importance of project timelines and hard deadlines
- You are results driven with a tenacious attitude to get things done
- Must be hands-on and have a good understanding of prioritization
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top