Senior Product Designer - Billing Platform
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to join Twilio’s Billing Platform team and design the user experience of Twilio’s billing, usage, revenue, and payments experience. The ideal candidate will be fanatically customer-centered, able to think holistically about design across complex architecture, and take a systems-level mindset to design, build and integrate consistent and efficient interfaces across the billing and payments platform.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer with:
- Experience building and evolving application software in a fast-past environment.
- Comfortable with both high-level vision and detail-focused execution with potentially ambiguous and changing product requirements.
- Passion for designing engaging enterprise interfaces that scale with large data sets while maintaining simplicity.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, and advocacy for design methodologies and processes.
- Solid ability to present work, defend your decisions and point of view, and receive criticism and feedback gracefully.
- Understand and able to work within technical constraints, business requirements and tight deadlines.
- Fluency in current software development tooling and production environments including Sketch, Abstract, InVision, and JIRA.
- Possess a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’re responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Finance, BizOps, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support to design new products and improve existing ones.
- Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for enterprise experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including user research, agile design iteration, rapid prototyping, and usability testing.
- Work daily with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to build efficient interface solutions within technical & time constraints.
- Engage with our developer community to understand their needs and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- Regularly use, improve, and contribute to Twilio’s Console Design System.
- Present designs to stakeholders at various stages throughout the design process.
The Billing Platform team is responsible for order-to-cash life cycle at Twilio and currency process billing of transactions every month to provide accurate invoices and product performance to our customers by supporting multiple pricing strategies. With this responsibility, the Billing Product Designer plays a pivotal role in designing billing systems, usage aggregation, and payment experiences across the Twilio product suite.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Product Design team plays a critical role in designing the experience that allow our developer community to meet their communication needs.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Back to top