Senior Manager, Talent Management
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Talent Management Senior Manager to lead talent management and leadership development for our R&D organization. In short, we are looking for a top-notch Talent Management leader that is passionate about accelerating employee and organizational performance through the design and delivery of customized, differentiated talent assessment and learning solutions that align to the needs of the business.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a stellar track record leading Talent Management initiatives and programs. We seek someone who:
- Thinks strategically about talent management for fast growth technology companies, specifically the product and engineering functions, balancing short term progress with longer term investments to establish the foundation needed for scale and future success.
- Is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, sweat the details, and get stuff done. Is adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-driven, time-critical, rapidly changing environment with minimal daily oversight.
- Is excited about the prospect of building talent management processes and solutions from the floor up, grounded in their knowledge of today’s best practices and compelled to push the boundaries and test new innovative ideas to move the whole industry forward.
- Is able to balance the ability to be bold and think about innovative solutions while being pragmatic that we're still building the foundation in many areas.
- Has excellent communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills and an ability to build trusted advisor relationships with all levels of management, external partners, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Has excellent project management and change management skills and methodology and deep experience with numerous coaching models; certification in proven leadership assessments and development programs a plus.
As the Talent Management Sr. Manager, you will:
- Make it a priority to understand business needs and partner with senior leaders and HRBPs to define and socialize a long term talent strategy and success metrics.
- Build a trusted advisor relationship with leaders across all levels in the organization, demonstrating strong communication and change management skills
- Work and collaborate effectively with the global Talent and People team COEs
- Design and deliver talent review and assessment solutions that drive the growth of Twilions and empower them to do their best work
- Develop high impact learning and development programs and resources for individual contributors, managers and leaders, including training, digital content and experiential learning that fuels a culture of learning.
- Own the development and execution of critical enterprise-wide projects or programs that impact the employee experience, growth and retention of Twilions
- Travel required 25% of the time (if applicable)
The Talent Management team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and the broader people team to ensure that we have the leadership strength and a healthy, vibrant culture, ultimately enabling every Twilion to do great work and build a phenomenal career. We lead all aspects of the employee lifecycle including onboarding, evaluating, and developing our people and have a significant impact on the overall direction and success of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Our Denver office is located at 1801 California Street, Suite 500. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more. You will also experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top