Senior Manager, Product Security
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Product Security Team is responsible for partnering with Engineering teams to build and deploy secure products for our complex global network. This involves building & leading a team that matures the Secure Development Lifecycle, trains developers in secure methods, working with automation teams to scale security, and innovating new ways to help developers secure themselves,
Twilio is looking for an exceptional security manager who meets the following requirements.
- 3+ years of security leadership, preferably a technology company, and more preferably a PaaS or SaaS environment.
- 5+ years of experience in threat modeling and coordinating the automation of the SDL
- Fluency in several programming languages and related security concerns.
- Ability to work with Engineering, Compliance, and Sales teams to build an effective development security strategy.
- Strong organizational & project leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Python, Docker, Kubernetes, and scripting knowledge
- AWS, GCP, or other large cloud platform experience
- Security experience with communications networks, including 3g/4g
As a Product Security Senior Manager you can expect to fill your days by:
- Continuing to build a team of industry experts and leading out Security Champions program
- Maturing the SDL and Threat Modeling processes at Twilio to better drive engagement with teams.
- Engaging with cross-functional partners to identify and understand new team needs that can be automated.
- Leading the design of additional pipeline controls for source code, library, and container security.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco
and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top