Senior HRIS Analyst
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is a rapidly growing organization and currently building our HRIS organization. We are specifically looking to hire a Senior HRIS Analyst to partner with HR and gather requirements, document process, configure the system, participate in data conversion, build proof of concept, test, resolve system issues, and lead and user training. The environment is fast paced, fun and supportive. HRIS is a valued function, providing the infrastructure necessary to scale and grow at Twilio. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to make a direct impact on the company through the configuration, implementation, and management of Workday and Greenhouse. This role will be instrumental in advancing the use of Workday including Manager and employee self-service, as well as new modules.
Reporting to the Manager, HRIS, you will serve as a key contact and partner to the global HR organization. We seek someone with:
- Minimum of 5 years HRIS experience.
- Workday experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Business process knowledge of workflow, workflow configuration and systems relationships within HR.
- Consultant experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with preparation and leading system integrations and user acceptance testing.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and provide solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to work, self-manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with focus to the details.
- Functional knowledge of Human Resources business processes of payroll, benefits, compensation, absence, recruiting and supporting functions.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Process focused; Systematic, analytical and organized
- Google tools experience is a plus
As the Workday Analyst, you will:
- Lead systems analysis and design including, but not limited to, partnering with HR to gather requirements, document process, configure the system, participate in data conversion, build proof of concept, test, resolve system issues, and lead end user training.
- Manage the configuration and implementation of Manager Self Service, Business Process Management, Compensation, Benefits, Security, Absence, Reports and Dashboards.
- Maintain Workday’s organizational data including but not limited to cost centers, companies, locations, etc.
- Manage mass EIB loads into Workday as well basic outbound integrations.
- Create, maintain, and schedule reports, including calculated fields, notifications, and alerts.
- Develop and document business requirements and functional specifications, develop testing strategies, conduct acceptance testing and deployment into production.
- Evaluate new or not implemented functionalities of Workday and recommend solutions that meet business needs.
- Be familiar with Workday Community and stay up to date with functionality enhancements delivered through Workday updates.
- Provide ongoing recommendations/system solutions to keep Workday business processes simple and efficient.
- Lead and communicate system related releases, upgrades and enhancements.
The HR Systems team at Twilio will greatly impact the efficiency of Twilio globally. This team leads all HR systems strategy, changes, requirements, and integrations. This is the opportunity to make a great impact in a growing global organization.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top