Senior Front-End Engineer
Twilio is looking for a full-stack developer to join the team that drives twilio.com and all other digital properties. In partnership with the brand design team, the Marketing Engineering team builds flagship collateral to help articulate our API products to other developers.
The team experiments in implementations involving dynamic SVG animation and rendering, deep content interactivity, and live demos integrated into collateral that make phones ring. The right candidate is someone looking to work in a high-velocity environment and constantly pushing the boundary of what's available on the web.
About the job:
- You're driven to iterate. Twilio ships code every six hours. You read that as a challenge.
- You love building pages that deliver the best user experience on any modern browser. You love front end frameworks, but use them sparingly.
- Author fast-rendering reusable components using HTML/CSS.
- Design and build a page to help communicate various parts of our brand and messaging.
- Play well with others. Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and ship new stuff.
- Juggle multiple projects and stay on top of tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Your turnaround time will be days to weeks for projects, and you will keep projects moving quickly through the pipeline.
- Drive the front-of-the-funnel engagement through user activation, as well as ensuring that all things we ship are compatible and usable cross-platform.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Marketing Engineering teams and drive/grow processes and best-practices for a rapidly expanding team.
- Be the technical eyes & ears of the brand team to inform on best new technology & implementation ideas.
- Experience working in a high-velocity environment where new pages are being cut on a weekly basis.
- 3+ years building rich, high fidelity front-end web experiences in collaboration with visual designers
- 3+ years of experience in full stack engineering in PHP or Python - must have a proven track record implementing & maintaining large-scale deployments involving client-side and server-side interaction
- Familiarity with MongoDB and MySQL
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and build patterns common to web technology stacks
- Experience working on a production pipeline from concept to engineering handoff; you love shipping beautiful products.
- You have a honed attention to detail. You sweat the little things.
- You are obsessed about making user interfaces look right and work right. You dig the science of user experience and have opinions.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You communicate well out loud, on paper and in code.
- CS background or comparable in-field experience
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top