Senior Engineering Manager, Machine Learning
- Bengaluru, India
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an engineering leader to lead the data science and insights for the Risk Platform Engineering team in Bengaluru, India. As a key member of the team, you will be joining one of the first teams in our new Bangalore office, with an opportunity to help define our technical and team culture in India. A successful candidate will innovate. embody a growth mindset, collaborate effectively, mentor engineers, solve business problems, and operate highly resilient distributed and scalable services.
Twilio is looking for a strong Sr. Engineering Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of shipping data pipelines and models that achieves business goals. They also have:
- A Masters degree in Computer Science and/or Statistics.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in machine learning and data engineering with 5+ years of that experience working as an Engineering Manager.
- You partner with other leads from engineering, product and design to build a roadmap and measures of success.
- You will be building the data science and insights team from ground up.
- You have experience and good understanding of deep learning frameworks, such as PyTorch/TensorFlow and Keras.
- You are familiar with data visualization tools such as matplotlib, seaborn and/or ggplot.
- Experience developing data pipelines and providing insights with metrics computation and business intelligence
- Experience developing RESTful services, streaming applications using Kafka, Spark.
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Plus: Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Plus: Proficiency with Scala.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager:
- Build and mentor a team of talented data, machine learning engineers and data scientists with various levels of experience positively influencing their careers.
- Work closely with the Fraud Operations team and the Data Analytics team to identify and understand the ever-changing landscape of fraud vectors and then take action to keep up with new forms of fraud.
- Work with other product and development teams to ensure that Twilio’s new and existing products incorporate anti-fraud efforts and publish the appropriate data to our fraud-fighting tools.
- Communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Own, operate, deploy and maintain your team’s models and services in the cloud.
- Own reliability for the team’s services and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Employ agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Create technical specifications, user stories, database and API designs based on business requirements.
- Adapt to prioritizing multiple business needs in a high-pressure environment.
- Understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams.
- Conduct performance analysis, capacity management and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Platform Engineering Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to provide every engineer at Twilio with the DevOps APIs and tools that they need to successfully build fast, reliable and ship quality features on top of our platform. Engineering in Platform means understanding the demands of Twilio’s entire R&D team; engineering our services beyond the scaling and performance challenges we face; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top