Sr. Software Engineer - Architecture Team
The Twilio Architecture team is responsible for the architecture of Twilio’s platform. The Senior Software Engineer will be a core member of the team focusing on designing systems and services that solve problems across the overall engineering organization. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for building highly scalable and fault tolerant solutions to complex distributed systems problems.
About the job:
As an experienced software engineer, you will be assisting in developing the architecture that will be instrumental in operating globally available, resilient and high performance services used by hundreds of thousands of developers and apps.
Successful candidates will be strong developers with deep experience in data storage, distributed systems and highly scalable cloud topologies.
- Be part of a small, high-impact and multi-talented engineering team in San Francisco.
- Develop low latency, highly available, globally distributed services in the flight path of every product at Twilio.
- Develop proof of concepts, shared libraries and services that will be used across the product engineering organization.
- Work with the engineering teams to help research and choose technologies, design system architecture and model data in a scalable and efficient way.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
In the Twilio Architecture team we believe that versatility and complementing proficiencies are the key to forming a better team. We are therefore looking for people with a variety of skills and specializations. You should have at least 2 of the proficiencies below to be considered for the role:
- Data persistency. You are an expert in designing, operating and fine tuning highly available data persistency layers. You teach and mentor engineers on how to apply CAP theorem in everyday operations.
- Scalable backend. You understand scalability challenges and performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and efficient systems.
- Java. You are a Java enthusiast and professional. There is at least one framework in which you can be called an expert.
- Cloud. You are proficient in cloud technologies and are hands-on in at least one cloud platform: GCC, AWS, or Azure. You are able to both design and develop cloud-based systems and operate them in an automated fashion.
- Security. You are able to design secure distributed systems and assure operational processes around security. You understand fitness for purpose of security techniques.
Additionally, you have 6+ years of practical experience in building high scale, mission critical systems and you have experience as a Technical Lead or Principal Software engineer.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top