Security Risk Intern - Summer 2019
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for an Information Security Analyst intern who wants to advocate and support development of Twilio’s foundational value, trust. You are eager to learn and inspire and you like to think at scale and meet Twilio’s information security goals, bringing a focus on mitigating likelihood and impact of potential security risks. You want to develop technical skills and industry experience while working on complex distributed systems.
You should have some or all of the following:
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Broad knowledge and proficient background in security
- 0-3+ Years of engineering, or information security experience
- Knowledge of cloud and/or telecommunications networking are a plus
As an Information Security Analyst, you will contribute to maintain Twilio’s mission to fuel the future of communications by protecting our technology assets and reduce the likelihood of security incidents.
- During your time at Twilio, you will design and conduct security risk assessments and measure improvement towards mitigating likelihood and impact of information security risks
- The process will include understanding of the product or service, documenting data types and volumes, and analyzing security controls in place. The resulting risk reports will be communicated to the engineering or business owner and will be included in management reporting.
- Communications, reporting, and training for Twilio team members is an important aspect to this role. You will collaborate across several teams throughout Twilio.
- Tackle complex process problems involving engineering, security, IT, finance, and legal teams.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top