Security Analyst, Communications
Twilio Security is a growing team and we need your help! We’re looking for someone with enthusiasm and bold ideas on how to communicate the amazing things we’re doing within Twilio Security to our community. The primary responsibilities of this position include coordinating and managing the external communication platform for the Twilio Security team.
- Participate in building the vision, priorities and plans for security communications.
- Define, execute and manage multi-channel communication programs that bring the right content and message to the right audiences at the right time through the right channels.
- Coordinate speaking opportunities for team members (including yourself!).
- Develop and execute launch plans for security achievements and initiatives, working closely with security team members, engineering, communications, marketing, and design.
- Determine ongoing communications needs and develop plans to address them.
- Drive continuous improvement of security communications efforts.
- Create frameworks to measure success of the communication program.
- Develop and maintain education material (whitepapers, videos, website content, etc).
- Communicate program execution and performance results, including weekly reporting and quarterly readouts.
Note: This role requires a blend of many skill sets. We’re generally looking for the following, but will consider a variety of backgrounds.
- You have some experience on marketing and communications teams.
- You have broad knowledge of security concepts, including encryption, networking, operating systems, databases, applications and cloud environments.
- You have generated technical customer-facing communications.
- You have organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, preferably in a risk or trust & safety context.
- You have or would be willing to obtain a certification such as: CISSP, CISA, CCSP, CCSK, CIPP, PMP, CRISC, CFCP, or CGEIT.
- You’re ready to market Trust and Security directly to developers and customers.
- You’re passionate about transparent communication, whether that means extolling our virtues or owning up to opportunities to improve.
- You’re able to adapt at writing and presenting for audiences at various levels, from developers to enterprise customers to internal partners.
Experience as a software developer -- for fun, college, or work. People with a technical bent tend to communicate well with our internal engineers and our customers. Experience at a telecom and/or start-ups.
Do not submit a cover letter with your resume. Instead, please send a something you’ve written or put together (a paper, website, etc). We’re looking to see that you can present an idea clearly and effectively!
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top