Sales Engineer - APAC
You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business acumen and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer at Twilio, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Twilio’s API.
About the job:
Sales Engineers at Twilio are involved in all stages of the customer’s software development lifecycle and are comfortable using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for someone who can create sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to utilize cloud communications technology. Our customer profiles are across verticals ranging from large corporate enterprises to startups. You must demonstrate confidence engaging with the different stakeholders in these companies.
Twilio’s Sales Engineers are empowered to come up with creative solutions on the spot so we are looking for someone willing to challenge the status quo and throw out the manual on occasion. This position will be based in our Hong Kong or Singapore offices serving customers in the region, primarily covering India and Australia markets as an initial focus.
As we are new to this region, you will be expected to experience challenges and opportunities far more beyond your imagination. We welcome candidates with an entrepreneurship mindset to work together with our talented team.
- Leading the discovery process with customers to understand their capabilities, challenges, and technology landscape.
- Creating or leveraging demos to show the art and science of what is possible with Twilio's Platform to the customer.
- Building relationships with Technical Leads by providing solutions, vision, and value to their short-term and long-term challenges.
- Understand customer's use case and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using Twilio.
- Defining an engagement strategy based on customer’s procurement needs.
- Painting the vision on how adopting the Twilio Platform is the best value proposition for the customer versus point solutions.
- Working with Product Management to collect customer requirements to close product gaps and coordinate roadmap discussions.
- Planning and scoping the project and project management expertise.
- Educate prospects and customers on what is possible with Twilio and share best practices for implementing common use cases.
- Providing implementation guidance and best practices.
- Putting in a place a long term evolution and operational success strategy.
- Guide the design and deployment of enterprise communications systems that impact multiple functional areas of a customer’s organization.
- Work on RFPs / customer’s technical requirements with the Sales team.
- Prepare demos and proof-of- concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's APIs.
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies.
- During a customer's implementation, assist developers, product managers and project owners with any and all technical questions that arise.
- Assist developers with debugging their code in a variety of programming languages.
- Document the architectural solutions that customers have designed and deployed.
- Document the architectural solutions that customers have designed and deployed for internal use.
- Pre-requisite: Include a link to an application (or two!) that you’ve built using Twilio. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
- Typically 5 to 10 years in a customer-facing technical role or client facing experience, preferably from a B2B PaaS, IaaS, SaaS background.
- Technical Communication: A world-class communicator. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly-skilled and experienced audience. Customer facing experience.
- Problem Solving: Ability to debug commonly occurring issues in implementation and operational phases of a customer engagement. Ability to distill use case specific needs and articulate value of Twilio API’s to customers.
- Pre-Sales Presentation Skills: Demonstrated ability to position a product or a service as the best value proposition and technical fit for customers.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Professional application development or systems integration experience a plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: SIP, (cloud) call center, web development, mobile development, IP/PBX and real-time communications.
- A firm understanding of enterprise integration best practices, service oriented architecture and models for sharing IT services across the enterprise.
- A world class communicator. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
- Typically 10-25% travel, depending on role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done - you are a DOer.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top