Product Manager - Authentication (Authy)
We are looking for a Product Manager (PM) to join the Authy team at Twilio and work with our market leading authentication technology. As a PM, you will be responsible for working on API design, client apps, planning & prioritizing sprints, defining the product roadmap and specing out new features and product enhancements.
About the job:
The Authy service at Twilio is used by millions of consumers and is integrated into thousands of large and small businesses, increasing the security of their applications. Your mandate is to understand the requirements of application developers and IT leaders to bring a high quality, secure and easy of use solution for their users. To do this you will need to work with engineering, product marketing, sales and customer support to launch new products and support existing ones. You will own your products from both a technical and business perspective. The success of our products is in your hands.
Successful candidates will have shown the ability to ship quality product in a fast-paced environment. We expect you to be able to work and communicate across the organization at all levels. It is particularly important that you have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management.
- Own the roadmap for Authy products. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Mock up concepts, write functional specs, cut tickets, manage product priorities, write copy and do whatever it takes to express your ideas to our internal engineers, designers and other product managers.
- Our customers are both developers, IT leaders and consumers. You need to balance our resources across the needs from these different groups to deliver an overall market leading experience. You will need to engage with the communities around these groups to gather feedback.
- You have 3+ years experience as a Product Manager for a technology company.
- You are a person who thrives in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity. You should have experience shipping products in a fast-paced environment.
- You understand or have experience with authentication, identity management or security offerings preferably delivered as a cloud service.
- You’re hands on, passionate, and collaborative.
- You have experience writing code - for fun, college, or work - is a plus. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our internal engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers.
- No experience in security is required. Do you love solving problems? That’s what we want.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- San Francisco, CA or Bogota, Colombia.
User identity is core to secure communications, and businesses need a simple and more cost-effective way to validate user identity. Together, Authy and Twilio will address the growing need for stronger authentication methods in an increasingly connected world. Passwords aren't enough anymore. No other security company has gone as far as Authy to provide a secure yet simple user experience. That's why now, as part of the Twilio family, Authy helps more than 1 million people to protect their most important accounts.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top