Product Management Intern - SIP Voice (Summer 2017)
This is a Product Management internship for the Summer of 2017. You will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, joining the SIP Voice team that is designing the future of cloud communications by empowering businesses across the globe with a set of simple, yet powerful real time communications APIs. We need MBA interns who are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and who have a strong will to get things done.
About the job:
Twilio enables applications and devices to make phone calls anywhere to anything — from landlines to WebRTC, dating apps to multinational call centers. All of this is enabled via the Voice layer of our platform. We are looking for a Product Manager to join the team to continue to evolve our SIP Voice (SIP is the protocol that initiates and manages the voice session between 2 or more participants - think the smarts behind Facetime or Skype) platform to support existing and help define next generation Twilio products.
This is a hands-on internship responsible for an important product area. During your internship, you may focus on market analysis, comprehensive analysis of customers, data/business analytics on our business to help refine our product strategy. Additionally, you will be embedded with the day-to-day activities of the team to help you gain experience of life as a PM in Silicon Valley. This role needs to interact with different organizations within Twilio from engineering to the executive team. The success of our products is in your hands.
The primary role of a Product Manager manager at Twilio is to build products on behalf of customers. A PM is the business owner of the product. During your internship, you’ll be partnered with engineering and working cross-functionally with all areas of the company including: sales, marketing, support, finance, and operations to identify product opportunities and take them to market.
- Must be a first-year student in a two year Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
- Able to complete a 10-12 week internship beginning in May or June 2016.
- 3+ years of work experience prior to your MBA.
- You are a person who thrives in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity. Experience owning and launching products in a fast-paced environments is desired.
- You’re hands on, passionate, and collaborative.
- Looking for a “smart chameleon” with the ability to persuade and handle roadblocks.
- Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & functional specifications, launching new products, developing go to market strategies, conducting customer research and facilitating user testing.
- Academic or industry experience in Computer Networking/Electrical Engineering. A plus if you know: SIP, SDP, webRTC, MPLS, VPN, SRTP/TLS/DTLS, etc.
- Experience of SBC/PBX/UC, on-prem and/or cloud based platforms is desired.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product based on research, data and industry trends.
- Experience working cross-functionally with sales, sales engineering, operations, and product development teams.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and writing skills and ability to successfully interact across functions (at all levels) of an organization and with customers
- Strong technical background is desired.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is publicly held and based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top