Twilio is looking for a Procurement Director to be responsible for the supply of products and services essential for Twilio’s operations. The Procurement Director will strategize to find the most cost-effective deals and suppliers. The role will be focused on driving efficiency through system optimization, spend aggregation, supplier consolidation and driving incremental value to reduce total cost of ownership so that Twilio can better invest in its own growth and people.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and has experience in successfully leading and developing a global, world class procurement function. The individual will have demonstrated expertise in leveraging supplier relationships and leading complex negotiations to successful outcomes. They will also have strong analytical and communication skills and a proven ability to build relationships with senior level stakeholders across the organization to ensure overall alignment of objectives and priorities.
About the job:
The Procurement Director will work with teams across the company, including tech ops, engineering, marketing, sales and legal in helping to drive strategic growth initiatives. The individual need to have highly developed communications skills, strong analytical aptitude, and enjoy a fast-paced environment. Be self-motivated, system savvy, team player with strong process and systems experience.
- Establish and develop strategic sourcing strategies and supplier relationships.
- Provide sourcing and vendor management expertise across the company.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts.
- Maintain a global procurement training program for both internal customers and vendors.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Drive continuous improvement in procure-to-pay (P2P) processes and develop requisite process improvement activities.
- Act with a high sense of urgency.
- Software procurement experience.
- Vendor/Supplier/Partner relationship management experience.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge in NetSuite/Coupa/Concur.
- Highly collaborative and effective communicator with all levels in an organization.
- Strong project management skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to changing tasks and priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Logistics preferred. Finance and MBA a strong plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of procurement experience in a global company, preferably in SAAS industry.
- CPSM or similar accreditation.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top