Principal Software Engineer - Services (IOT)
Twilio enables developers and businesses to build apps that communicate with everyone in the world.
The vision of the Programmable Wireless team is to build the first truly global and programmable cellular connectivity network, enabling developers to build the next generation of IoT and communications devices.
About the job:
Join a fast paced, growing team that is creating one of Twilio's most transformative products to date. As a Principal Software Engineer for Programmable Wireless you will provide technical leadership and direction for our San Francisco-based engineering team. You will contribute code across the stack, from customer-facing REST APIs to backend integration with mobile network operators (MNOs), to our Spark-based data application layer.
This is a highly visible role to lead engineering for a key initiative in the company.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for the Programmable Wireless team.
- Work directly with Product Management to define, architect, build, deploy and operate new services at scale, utilizing other engineering team members as required to ship frequently and with maximum predictability.
- Build and operate full-stack services – from MNO integration to operational monitoring to customer-facing REST APIs.
- Define standards and best practices for software engineering on the Programmable Wireless team. Solve engineering and process problems and coach the team on how to execute your ideas.
- Automate everything, from testing to deployment to operations.
- 7+ years in the industry as a software engineer.
- Expert level development skills with distributed systems and complex code bases.
- Experience working with Scala and MySQL (or other RDBMS) in a production environment.
- Great communication skills and strong team player.
- Experience in a production DevOps environment at significant scale.
- Experience with SIP, SMPP and other common telecommunications technologies.
- Experience with GSM mobile core services.
Back to top