Principal Software Engineer - Intelligent Services
At Twilio we’re passionate about helping developers create the future of communications. With the advent of AI and Machine Learning a new wave of communications is emerging that simply couldn't exist a few years ago. Simply, computers are now able to communicate with us via voice and text-messages using advanced natural language recognition and generation engines that make it easier for us to communicate with them. We are looking for a Senior Engineer with deep passion and understanding of Artificial Intelligence in NLP & Machine learning to help us build the future of communications.
About the job:
You’re joining a small team working on a new exciting product. We’re starting from ground up, so you’ll have the opportunity to choose the technology stack, define the architecture and work alongside the product team to shape all technical aspects of the product. You will be also joining a nascent team, so you’ll be helping to grow and shape the engineering team. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes working on small teams and helping them grow.
- Own the technical design and architecture of the product.
- Help recruiting and building the rest of the engineering team.
- Lead by example by writing quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- Joining a new business unit at Twilio, you can expect this role to feel like a 'startup within a startup'. Success in this role will require a willingness to embrace ambiguity and propose innovative solutions to problems that may never have been solved before.
- 7+ years in the industry as a developer.
- 12-18 months practical exposure with projects in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Proficiency in Linux and good understanding of open source tools and platforms.
- Some experience in leading a team big or small.
- Strong in Algorithms – Machine learning.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top