Principal Software Engineer- Front End
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a technical leader to drive front end engineering within the Customer Experience group.
This role will take a platform-first view to Twilio's product portfolio with a view to efficiently distribute reliable and easy-to-implement design components, front-end patterns and web best-practices. In this role you care deeply about web performance, security standards and accessibility, you are able to create the vision, build consensus, have crisp communication and operational transparency for providing a best of breed design system to be adopted by all Twilio customer facing products.
- You love working with emerging UI technologies, write code with a test-driven approach and take great pride in the quality, resilience and performance of your code. You will ensure continuous operation at scale to meet high availability goals, focusing on solving resiliency, latency, and quality challenges in our virtualized cloud environment.
- Have the ability and a desire to learn new technologies and a fail fast approach to making technology choices.
- An ideal candidate for this position is an excellent listener, is diligent and works in close collaboration with the design team. You are intellectually honest and have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to visualize and present architecture solutions. You are empathetic to the individuals you work with day to day and able to prioritize customer escalations.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Our culture is highly collaborative, and you’ll be working closely with Architecture, Product Management, Product Design among others to create new user experiences and improve existing ones.
As a Principal Engineer you will be:
- Working alongside a small and collaborative team
- White-boarding ideas, building solutions to provide insights as well as constantly improving services that power Twilio’s top products and also generate significant revenue.
- Working on enabling millions of developers to use Twilio across the world and help companies expand their business globally.
- Work with the other team leads to create the product roadmap and plan sprints, review code and helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
The Customer Experience team enables our customers to scale their business in as many countries as possible. From Uber’s anonymous driver communications, to AirBnB’s host identity verification or eHarmony's connecting matches over the phone, businesses make their communications more relevant and compelling using Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, education / health credits, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top