Principal Security Program Manager
Twilio is seeking a Principal Security Program Manager to join the Security team. As the leader of the ISO 27001 program, and other certification-related programs, you will need to understand where Twilio is currently and what it takes to get us where we want to be.
About the job:
- You will be responsible for bringing together many different groups within Twilio, helping them to march forward to common goals, such as ISO maturity, SOC 2 and others.
- Successful candidates would have had previous technical/engineering experience in addition to repeated enterprise and startup roadmap-maturity successes.
- Own the overall plan and milestones for your projects. Be able to communicate the security, business and technical rationale behind important decisions.
- Keep everyone on pace with the timeline, and be ready to share easily understandable status updates at a moment's notice with different leaders in Twilio.
- Hold meetings and trainings, write documentation, cut Jira tickets, present to the management team and do whatever it takes to express your ideas to our engineers and the rest of the organization.
- Work cross functionally with Cloud Ops, Engineering, Product and others throughout the company.
- Partner with other program managers as needed to accomplish security and organizational goals.
- Background: You have 7+ years experience as a Program Manager for a technology company, with emphasis on successfully running security-maturity programs. You are comfortable with highly technical projects.
- Approach: You are comfortable providing regular check-ins with different teams on goals and expectations to support your programs moving forward; you push through authoritatively and follow up to get results.
- Deliverables: You regularly provide clear status updates on the different aspects of your programs, surfacing pain points, trends, etc. so they can be addressed immediately. The betterments that stem from your programs turn into permanent improvements within the organization. You excel at representing that information to engineers as well as executives.
- Efficiency: With your ability to manage multiple security programs at once, you extend activities from one program to gain ground on others, reducing effort from all teams, yet positioning us for multiple wins.
- Cloud: You have experience working with cloud-infrastructure providers such as AWS, Rackspace, Azure, etc.
- Experience as a software developer -- for fun, college, or work. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our internal engineers and engineering management.
- Experience helping Telecom and/or start-ups achieve compliance is a plus.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top