Principal Product Manager - Marketing Platform
- Golden, CO
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a talented, passionate and curious Principal Product Manager to be a key leader in the building the marketing platform for Twilio. This person will lead the evaluation of new opportunities, build business cases and set the strategic direction for broad areas of the product. Reporting to the Director of Product, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growth efforts in the Marketing space and will work alongside other product managers, engineering counterparts and customers to define and communicate our differentiation.
Twilio is looking for a product leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading successful SaaS and API products with a focus on creating customer value.
- 7+ years experience in product management with some leadership responsibility.
- Proven track record conceptualizing customer facing products, and taking them to market.
- Experience in solving complex problems, using a customer first approach.
- Experience working with engineering teams on technically complex initiatives involving machine learning.
- Strong business acumen to prioritize, build the case, and justify investment in new products and services.
- Experience talking to customers, understanding their problems and synthesizing the findings to inform product strategy.
- Strong analytical skills and preference for making data driven decisions.
- Demonstrated get your hands dirty and just get-it-done approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Engage with customers, other product managers, and cross-functional teams to design, deliver, and support solutions that make our customers successful.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create detailed product specifications which include business reasons, use cases and which are focussed on addressing customer problems.
- BE AN OWNER: Own and execute the roadmap for your products – communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing tangible value to customers – learn and adjust frequently.
- BE BOLD: Help define the future of Twilio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Have great communication skills and a collaborative mindset. Coach other Product Managers in the team. Participate in technical discussions with the engineering teams whereby your goal is to make sure we deliver a great product. Work with Engineering teams within the Agile/Scrum methodology, facilitate quarterly planning, assists with execution of sprints, and lead backlog refinement and prioritization. Plan product launches, collaborate with stakeholders on marketing activities, documentation, support requests and sales enablement
Our team is central to Twilio’s continued growth. We build solutions that help marketers drive engagement and growth with their customers. Our products offer marketers their own view into managing customer engagement across Twilio’s communication channels.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top