Principal Product Manager - Data Platform Team
About the position:
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Data Platform team to help build the next generation of Data APIs, platform and products, enabling engineers and business to capture, store and processes global event data, reliably at scale. As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for understanding our customers’ requirements and the rapidly changing data products space, defining the product roadmap, designing new APIs, planning and prioritizing sprints, bringing your ideas to production, managing existing customers and on-boarding new customers.
Our customers are requesting a wide variety of revenue generating and platform enabling requirements from real-time and long-term analytics to a Machine Learning platform to data compliance with HIPAA and in EU regulations. Our Data Platform collects billions of valuable events into fast petabyte scale data stores and provides fast access to this Big Data. It enables Customer applications, Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, Analytics, Billing, Messaging and Voice products, plus more.
At Twilio, developers are our customer and your mandate is to focus on their needs and bring the right product to market. To do this you will need to work with engineering, product managers, product marketing, sales and customer support to launch new products and support existing ones. You will own your products from both a technical and business perspective. The success of our products is in your hands.
Successful candidates will have shown the ability to ship quality product in a fast-paced environment. We expect you to be able to work and communicate across the organization at all levels. It is particularly important that you have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management, both internally and externally.
- Keep up to date on the rapidly changing Big Data market, develop customer use-cases, and develop working prototypes.
- Own the roadmap for your product. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Work closely with internal and external product managers and engineering teams at partner technology companies.
- Mock up concepts, write functional specs, cut tickets, write copy and do whatever it takes to express your ideas to our internal engineers, designers and other product managers.
- Our customers are developers, and we are passionate about building products for them. You will need to engage with our developer community to understand how we can improve our products to increase functionality and unlock new uses.
- You have 5+ years experience as a Product Manager and/or Software Engineer, ideally with the ability to move seamlessly between both roles.
- You are a person who thrives in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity. You should have experience shipping products in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re hands on, passionate, and collaborative.
- You have experience with large scale data pipelines and data products.
- No experience in telecom is required. Do you love solving problems? That’s what we want.
- Preferably have a CS or similar degree.
Location: San Francisco, CA (our Data Platform center).
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top