Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Principal Software Engineer for our Identity Platform Team in Bangalore, India. You will be a member of one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office, responsible for helping to build IAM products and features our customers will love. You will play a key role in defining our technical and team culture in India. A successful candidate, will be a self-starter, who never settles, is ready to jump into a variety of technologies and languages and is able to coordinate and collaborate with other teams, as well as mentor other engineers.
- 7+ years of experience in architecting, designing and writing platform software management of high throughput distributed data platform. Our scale is in real time processing of several billion events.
- Strong Experience in design, implement, and maintain data infrastructure services, like Kafka, Unified Logging services, Redis, Casandra etc.
- Strong experience with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Strong Java and Python expertise with a focus on writing scalable , secure and highly available software applications.
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting someone else’s code.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems
As a Principal Software Engineer:
- Should be able to adapt at prioritizing multiple issues in a high pressure environment
- Should be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams
- Ability to conduct performance analysis, capacity management and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies while mentoring junior engineers
- The position requires solid knowledge of with open source technologies.
As a senior member of the Identity Platform team you will have a direct impact on Twilio’s revenue. You will play a pivotal role in architecting and implementing systems that play a central role across all of Twilio's products.You will also play a role in training/mentoring and leading team members.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. This role enables Twilio to continuing doing that by generating revenue and also enabling financial reporting as well as forecasting.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 5,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.