Outbound Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio’s platform, businesses can make communications more relevant and contextual by integrating voice, messaging, and WebRTC capabilities directly into their software applications. We are re-inventing the $1.6 trillion communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Our platform has more than 400,000 registered developers and is used in more than one million unique software applications. Industry disruptors like Uber, AirBnB, Trulia, Box and Zendesk and enterprises like Coca Cola Enterprises, Walmart, Home Depot, Intuit and Alaska Airlines trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
About the job:
- Supporting an outside sales team, the person in this position is responsible for marketing the company’s products and services via telephone, email and social media with prospects.
- The Outbound Sales Development Representative (SDR) will generation prospective customers through cold calling and qualifies leads.
- Qualified leads are typically directed to field sales team for close.
- Mail marketing/sales literature to prospective clients.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry as well as competitive posture of the company.
- Enhance awareness in the targeted business community of the company and its products/services.
- Prepare activity and forecast reports.
- Does not close the sale.
- You have 1-3 years sales and/or account management experience at a SAAS or Enterprise Software company.
- You have a solid understanding of cloud computing trends, with an appreciation of modern web frameworks.
- You are a strong listener and communicator.
- You can confidently lead a discussion with a group of Product Managers, Engineers and Executives.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top