NOC Engineer - SMS
- Tallinn, Estonia
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is building out our Super Network Operations Center, or SNOC. This team is part of Twilio’s Super Network business unit, the cross-functional team responsible for the software, hardware, commercial relationships, and operations necessary to run our global network of carrier partners. The SNOC team is responsible for monitoring the performance of our carrier partner network and troubleshooting carrier-related issues across both Voice and SMS. The SNOC works tirelessly to ensure that our carrier partner network provides the high quality and high performance that Twilio’s customers expect.
Twilio is looking for a NOC Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and at least 2 years of expertise in SMS, and is eager and willing to learn about Voice as a technology. You know how to work effectively with carriers to address issues and achieve results for our customers. You are calm under pressure as you respond to alerts and quickly troubleshoot network incidents.
WORKING HOURS: WINTER LOCAL TIME: 9:00 - 18:00 / SUMMER LOCAL TIME: 10:00 - 19:00
More specifically, we seek someone with the following background:
- SMS expertise and knowledge.
- Basic IP Network troubleshooting knowledge.
- 2+ years previous experience working in a network operations center and/or in an analytical/routing role for a network operator or telecommunication provider.
- Experience working with industry-standard monitoring tools.
Further, you should be someone who is:
- A clear verbal and written communicator.
- Empathetic and customer centric to the core.
- Thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Capable of learning quickly and mastering every aspect of complicated systems.
- Data- and metrics-driven.
- Capable of working independently.
As a (Senior) NOC Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Respond to system alerts indicating network performance issues - investigate and troubleshoot problems, perform technical changes on our side, and/or work wit.h carrier partners to resolve issues. Respond to incoming carrier partner notifications such as maintenance or service degradation notices
- BE AN OWNER: Own incidents and incident communication with carrier partners and internal stakeholders. Manage, record, and track incidents and create internal and/or customer-facing reports.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Understand the impact of incidents for our customers. Conduct regular operational meetings with your counterparts at our carrier partners to resolve ongoing issues quickly and to proactively prevent future problems.
- DRAW THE OWL: Make process improvements and create documentation to ensure peak performance of the operation.
- DON'T SETTLE: Identify requirements for tools necessary to automate and streamline operational processes.
- Twilio operates a global 24x7 monitoring operation so the ability to work weekends and holidays is required.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications, and the mission of the SNOC team is to ensure that our carrier partner network is delivering on our promise of seamless Voice and SMS communications around the world. As a member of this team, you will be critical to the success of our mission as Twilio expands its SMS and Voice product offerings. Our customers need to be able to trust that Twilio’s Super Network is up and running 24x7.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top