Mid-Market Account Executive (East)
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market and we are looking for top-tier, proven Sales Account Executives (“AEs”) who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market.
As an AE, you will be responsible for selling to prospective Mid Market customers, developing a relationship as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals. You will contribute to our business growth in a fast paced, collaborative and fun atmosphere. The right candidate will have a proven, consultative sales process to discover and close new logos. Our AEs develop an understanding of prospects’ businesses, organize and conduct sales presentations at prospective and current customers’ offices, site visits and product demonstrations to prospects and represent Twilio in a consistent, effective and professional manner to best develop and win new clients.
We are looking for an experienced AE with a proven track record and also:
- 3-7+ yrs of quota carrying and account management experience in success selling infrastructure software or platform solutions to company sizes ranging from Mid-Market to small Enterprise companies. Consistent over-achievement in past experiences.
- Credible, trusted partner with customers and their executive team.
- Exceptional prospecting skill set. Someone who is comfortable generating the bulk of their own pipeline.
- Experience with cloud computing business models and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for tracking sales activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Personable. Self-starter. Productive. Competitive spirit.
- Strong sales discovery skills, objection handling skills, business acumen, and closing skills.
- Resourceful, coachable, drive to overachieve.
- Proven ability to execute 6-figure deals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Mid-Market Account Executives (AEs) are responsible for developing the next wave of Twilio’s new customers with companies that have >100 employees and <2,000. AEs build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to develop sales by understanding and uncovering new opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through communication solutions.
- Deliver Net New Sales from within your defined territory to attain your Sales Targets.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory plan while conducting territory visits to meet customers face to face at least 50% of your work time.
- Develop and execute sales plans with your cross-functional partners to reliably drive predictable sales cycles.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate information within our CRM and well-informing forecast numbers to the business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their services.
While this position requires that AEs customarily and regularly spend more than half of their work time away from the office engaged in sales, when the AE is working in the office, it will be in our beautiful office at 3280 Peachtree Road NE (Buckhead Region) in Atlanta. While working in our newest office, you’ll enjoy fully stocked snacks and drinks. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top