Mid-Market Account Executive (East)
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market and we are looking for top-tier, proven Sales Account Executives (“AEs”) who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market.
The right candidate will have experience selling as a trusted advisor that applies a consultative sales process to develop and close new logos. Our AEs develop an understanding of prospects’ businesses, organize and conduct sales presentations at prospective and current customers’ offices, site visits and product demonstrations to prospects and represent Twilio in a consistent, effective and professional manner to best develop and win new clients.
We are looking for an experienced AE with a proven track record and also:
- 3+ years in success selling infrastructure software or platform solutions to company sizes ranging from Mid-Market to small Enterprise companies. Consistent over-achievement in past experiences.
- Credible, trusted partner with AE customers and their executive team.
- Experience with cloud computing business models and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for tracking sales activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Personable. Self-starter. Productive.
- Proven ability to execute 6-figure deals.
Mid-Market Account Executives (AEs) are responsible for developing the next wave of Twilio’s new customers with companies that have >100 employees and <2,000. AEs build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to develop sales by understanding and uncovering new opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through communication solutions.
- Deliver Net New Sales from within your defined territory to attain your Sales Targets
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory plan while conducting territory visits to meet customers face to face at least 50% of your work time
- Develop and execute sales plans with your cross-functional partners to reliably drive predictable sales cycles
- Responsible for maintaining accurate information within our CRM and well-informing forecast numbers to the business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their services.
While this position requires that AEs customarily and regularly spend more than half of their work time away from the office engaged in sales, when the AE is working in the office, it will be in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top