Manager, Commercial Accounts
Twilio’s Sales Manager of Commercial Accounts will lead, mentor, and scale a high performing team of full-cycle sales executives focussed on closing deals within small to mid-market customers and prospects up to 2,500 employees covering regions within North America.
About the job:
- The ideal candidate is customer focused, metrics driven, embraces a consultative sales philosophy, and is passionate about helping his/her team succeed.
- Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, and line of business owners . You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses and helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers.
- You will support your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, work across functions (Finance, Marketing, Product) to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of an Inside selling team sized between 6-10 individual contributors
- Conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical deal guidance, on the job training, strategic deal coaching, motivation and career development.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date CRM data for your team and provide reliable weekly forecast information to upper management.
- Identify and work cross functionally to mitigate inefficiencies in team systems and processes.
- Prioritize the Twilio customer experience and protect the Twilio Brand.
- You have at least 2 years experience in managing a team of account executives with demonstrable examples of scaling the team while achieving increased sales effectiveness.
- You have a track record of leading and building high-performing sales teams and understand how to lead your team to deliver more than they may think is possible.
- You are analytical and detail oriented. You can collect data and quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process. You are comfortable making data-driven decisions.
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers--listening to them and solving problems.
- You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer. You’ve admired the Nordstrom, Apple, and Zappos service ethos.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university or equivalent experience.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top