Manager, Commercial Accounts
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio’s Sales Manager of Commercial Accounts will lead, mentor, and scale a high performing team of full-cycle sales executives focussed on closing deals covering SMB companies within North America.
- The ideal candidate is customer focused, metrics driven, embraces a consultative sales philosophy, and is passionate about helping his/her team succeed.
- Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, and line of business owners . You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses and helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers.
- You will support your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, work across functions (Finance, Marketing, Product) to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of an Inside selling team sized between 6-10 individual contributors
- Conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical deal guidance, on the job training, strategic deal coaching, motivation and career development.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date CRM data for your team and provide reliable weekly forecast information to upper management.
- Identify and work cross functionally to mitigate inefficiencies in team systems and processes.
- Prioritize the Twilio customer experience and protect the Twilio Brand.
- You have at least 2 years experience in managing a team of account executives with demonstrable examples of scaling the team while achieving increased sales effectiveness.
- You have a track record of leading and building high-performing sales teams and understand how to lead your team to deliver more than they may think is possible.
- You are analytical and detail oriented. You can collect data and quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process. You are comfortable making data-driven decisions.
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers--listening to them and solving problems.
- You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer. You’ve admired the Nordstrom, Apple, and Zappos service ethos.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top