Legal Operations Manager
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Legal Operations Manager to join our global Legal team. We are a “small, but mighty” ops team and we lead the way in building processes to increase team efficiency and operational excellence. We peer around corners and partner cross-functionally - bringing the best resources and real-time guidance to the legal team to enable them to better support the business and accelerate Twilio’s growth. We are looking for a strong business generalist who will not hesitate to ‘roll up the sleeves’, attack challenges head on and build trust-based relationships as second nature.
The ideal candidate has 4+ years of legal operations and/or business operations experience at a Fortune 100 or global technology company.
As part of this team, you are at the forefront of helping Twilio Legal drive fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth and innovation. You are:
- A natural problem-solver and strategic thinker. You are comfortable with ambiguity able to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to chaos. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or escalating as appropriate.
- Process, process, process. You are always looking for opportunities to eliminate manual work and determine where operational efficiencies should be addressed.
- A communication ninja. You communicate effectively and provide clear materials with actionable synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. You deliver pithy, well organized artifacts (presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making.
- Analytically precise. You are able to perform and deliver large-scale, consistently trustable, precise and actionable quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Creative problem-solver. You look at business issues as challenges and you like to consider things from differing perspectives.
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily and effectively work across teams and cross-functionally. You establish enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and stakeholders. You love helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility.
- Highly organized. Working efficiently is key and you know how to organize yourself and find value in helping others do the same.
- A positive role model for the team. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and you are calm during the storm to the rest of the team when things are ‘comin’ in hot.’
- Partner with and support the Legal Operations Director on priority projects – from new legal technology implementations to developing a global onboarding program, to planning All Hands meetings, to global offsites.
- Manage legal vendors to optimize efficiency and help to reduce overall spend.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop a technology roadmap and technology initiatives such as matter management, contracts management and RFP applications.
- Liaise with Tech Ops on identifying, implementing, integrating, and optimizing applications and tools, and building internal tools and automation capabilities
- Translate ideas & best practices to results by executing on action plans, and project / program managing in areas such as collaboration and knowledge sharing across the global team (e.g., building centralized resources, processes, documentation, intranet).
- Promote and support the team’s professional development by helping to manage CLE processes
- Deep dive regularly into key legal metrics to identify root cause issues and opportunities and follow through with action-plans.
Given the incredible range of work spanning the Legal Ops team, we expect you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks, game room, fitness center, massages, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top