Internet of Things Developer Community Engagement Manager
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an IoT Developer Community Engagement Manager who can help us catalyze the developers who will build the future of IoT. As a Developer Community Engagement Manager you will be responsible for crafting and executing a strategy that defines how Twilio builds relationships with IoT hardware and software developers. As part of the Developer Network, this cross-functional role will play an important part in driving the success of current and future IoT products.
- You are a builder. A tinkerer and a hardware developer. You're knowledgeable about and comfortable with building using a variety of different platforms from the IoT hardware and software ecosystem. You've built IoT things yourself and are comfortable with both a breadboard and an IDE. You are a web developer. You understand the basics of the HTTP request and response cycle.
- You are a thinker. You can paint a picture of a world that's not yet reality and inspire people to follow you in building that world.
- You are a planner. You’ve got the discipline to think through up front what needs to be done, but the agility to pivot when plans need to change
- You are a Doer. You're not afraid to get your hands involved in executing the day-to-day tactics if that's what it takes to turn your vision into reality.
- You are a teacher. You can tell stories with code and break down complex ideas into the understandable, equipping developers with knowledge of tools and techniques, including but not limited to Twilio, that makes them better at their craft.
- You are a community member. You've been actively involved in the IoT developer community and understand how its organized and where there are opportunities for leadership.
As IoT Developer Community Engagement Manager, you will define a strategy that positions Twilio as the leader in IoT last-mile communications into the brainspace of every IoT hardware and software developer. You'll determine the metrics needed to measure the success of that strategy and create and execute a plan to drive toward those metrics.
Some of your day to day may include:
- Defining and working cross-functionally to execute an IoT developer content strategy across multiple content channels
- Seeking out and facilitating IoT developer community partnership opportunities.
- Listening to developers and identifying gaps in Twilio's IoT developer documentation and tools and when necessary, filling those gaps.
- Working cross-functionally to equip others inside Twilio to take Twilio IoT to places where IoT hardware and software developers are already gathering.
- Attending, speaking at and sponsoring in-person developer events
To date, over five million people have signed up for Twilio developer accounts and we have had a lot of success reaching developers through third-party events such as conferences and meetups. Now we're spinning up a team to take what we learned at those events on-site to serve developers in some of our largest customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top