Instructional Content Designer (Contractor)
Twilio is looking for an instructional designer to create engaging online training for our customers. Winning candidates are enthusiastic, have a passion for making technical training interesting - even fun! - while conveying the complexities of Twilio’s platform to newbies and experienced developers alike. Trainings will be made in eLearning software and uploaded to a learning management system for tracking and completion data using SCORM.
- Previous experience developing technical elearning content for coding, APIs.
- Knowledge of Instructional Design theories
- Strong writing skills using a conversational tone for scripting.
- Organize and work with SMEs and other cross functional teams to gather, generate, and review information.
- Able to take complex/abstract technical information and distill it to clear learning plans that are digestible and engaging.
- Able to translate courses that are bare bones with images and text, to complex course with video, animations, voice over.
- Able to scope and manage projects while balancing quality standards and time constraints
- Elearning development (Captivate, Storyline)
- Video creation (iMovie, Premier, Camtasia)
- Bonus: Programming (Python, HTML, HTML5)
- Familiarity with SCORM and LMS systems.
- Work with subject matter experts to define training requirements and learning goals, and to develop and/or verify content
- Create content in different formats (videos, elearning, ILT)
- Solicit reviews from stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Review content for clarity and provide feedback
- Work with other Instructional Designers to define and write assessments and certifications
- Facilitate training sessions/workshops
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top