Information Security Risk Manager
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio Security is a growing team and we’re looking for someone to identify, assess, mitigate, and report on technology risk at Twilio. You will lead the Twilio technology risk program and scale the program for growth. Your responsibilities will cover executing day to day activities, optimizing the program, and planning for the future. Reporting to the head of Twilio Risk Management, this position is critical to ensuring Twilio risk posture is maintained.
Twilio is looking for a thought leader with a demonstrated track record of analyzing and reporting on technology risk.
- You have at least three years of experience with security risk identification, measurement, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting
- You have a solid understanding of cloud platforms and emerging information security disciplines (e.g. SaaS security, cloud security, IoT security, etc.). Understanding or experience with telecommunications security is a plus.
- You are familiar with industry and compliance standards around cyber risk management (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001)
- You have extraordinary organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, preferably in a risk context
- You have a track record of building and improving existing programs and processes
- Degree and/or experience in Management Information Systems, Information Security and/or Computer Science
- You have or are willing to obtain a certification such as: CISSP, CISA, CCSP, CCSK, CIPP, PMP, CRISC, CFCP, or CGEIT
- Experience working with regulated companies (financial, healthcare, etc), working with risk governance programs, and/or quantifying risk are desirable
As Information Security Risk Manager, you will:
- Build the vision, priorities, and plans to quantitatively assess security risks at Twilio.
- Assess and update risk management policies, frameworks and methodologies.
- Design and execute periodic risk & control assessments with a focus on security control efficacy.
- Monitor risk management practices to ensure alignment with the desired enterprise risk profile.
- Design and report relevant security risk management information to management.
- Performs controls testing for high risk areas to identify risk issues and tracks remediation efforts.
- Support customer and audit requests, as needed.
- Draft and update maturity assessments based on industry frameworks (e.g. NIST CSF)
The security risk team is foundational to the Twilio security program. We work closely with the security engineers, compliance analysts, privacy, and engineers. We analyze and provide visibility to security risks to lessen the chance of a data incident.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top