GM of Messaging
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is more than just an API - it’s a communications platform that empowers builders and developers with the building blocks they need to innovate. As the GM of Messaging, you will will be responsible for Twilio’s messaging business. Messaging is transforming how businesses and customers communicate with each other and Twilio is at the forefront of that transformation. With customers in every industry like retail (Nordstrom, Macy’s), finance (Morgan Stanley, ING), transportation (Uber, Lyft), and hospitality (AirBnB, OpenRent), Twilio messaging is changing how every company talks to their customers. As the leader of our messaging business you will be responsible for over $100 Million in annual revenues including Twilio’s Programmable SMS and Channel products lines.
Twilio is looking for a leader that:
- Has 15+ years of hands on product and/or engineering management experience.
- Experience managing teams of 40+ people.
- High-growth technology company experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing a meaningful P&L.
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications.
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
- Proven experience in building and launching complex platforms at scale.
- Extensive experience providing product direction to meet customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
As the GM of Messaging you will:
- Manage, build, and develop cross-functional product teams. Responsible for building and operating services that support over 1.6 million developers.
- Lead the strategy, planning, and execution of the team to meet customer demand.
- Maintain strong relationships with key customers, partner, and vendors.
- Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members.
- Responsible for P&L for significant portion of the company's revenue.
- Own product roadmap that delivers products and features that will help drive revenue growth.
- Wear the Customer’s shoes. Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities and solutions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans, pricing frameworks.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top