Engineering Manager - Phone Numbers
Twilio believes in small teams and Service Oriented Architecture. Twilio consists of hundreds of services owned and operated by teams of 5-8 individuals and deployed on a globally distributed system. We are looking for a engineering leader to lead Global Number Portability Engineering team in Tallinn. You will design, build and operate a series of production services that will accelerate Twilio's and its customer’s growth.
About the job:
- As an Engineering Manager of Super Network, you will work on delivering services and tooling from Porting tools to short codes and other workflow tools.
- You will receive exposure to the unique set of challenges that come from operating a global network that never stops enabling communications any time of the day or night. Twilio infrastructure is the dial-tone that never fails.
- Developing tools and automation is key to everything we do at Twilio. Any task we do more than twice is automated.
- You will lead a team through scaling challenges, clear up ambiguity to focus the team and teach sound decision making through the customer’s lens.
- Twilio is a company built by developers for developers. You must not only have the professional expertise to understand your team’s engineering and business challenges, but also the technical acumen to build great software.
- You and the team will be constantly delivering and shipping new software.
- The Engineering Manager role at Twilio is about shipping high-quality products and providing team leadership.
- Partner with the Product Managers, other Engineering Managers and Technical Leads to make long-term architectural decisions for Global Number Portability.
- Create fast prototypes for automation to understand if this is what the customers need. This position includes a significant portion of both research and development.
- Grow and mentor a team of talented Software Engineers with various levels of experience.
- Work with different product teams across the company on their roadmaps to make sure that their APIs allow us to achieve best customer experience.
- You have at least two years experience building and managing a team of Software Engineers and 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have created technical specifications, user stories, database and API designs based on business requirements.
- Stellar communication, organization and management skills with proven track record in an agile environment.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture. We ship products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams, and a very large user base.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You get things done - you are a DOer.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top