Engineering Manager - Engineering Education Lead
Twilio is looking for an engineering leader to drive onboarding, training, and continuing education programs within Twilio’s engineering organization. This role will be responsible for implementing an apprentice program working with our non-profit Twilio.org on passion projects to ramp up new potential employees for Twilio.
About the job:
- Define and implement an apprentice program for Twilio engineering.
- Empower newly hired engineers to be successful from day one. Create and drive a scalable program to bring new engineering hires up to speed on engineering processes, common tools and infrastructure, and the technical details behind the various product lines at Twilio.
- Provide training and educational programs for engineers at all experience levels, from first-time programmers to industry veterans.
- Lead apprentice class through implementation of passion engineering projects for Twilio.org.
- Collect common practices, tools, and development practices across engineering teams into comprehensive training resources.
- Work closely with all product lines to understand new trends within engineering and identify improvement opportunities within an ever-expanding global organization.
- Regularly measure and evaluate existing programs, reporting progress to senior management.
- Develop regular training schedules to update and educate the current engineering organization of new products, trends, or programs.
- Scale engineering training to a global level across multiple regions, languages, and timezones.
- 5+ years of engineering leadership experience.
- Proven experience in building and running successful engineering onboarding or education programs.
- Strong understanding of training best practices, excellent written and speaking language skills, media experience (audio, video), and presentation skills in a rapidly growing company and product line.
- Fast learner, proven ability to absorb new information and convert it into consumable output/training material
- Public speaking experience.
- Loves being part of a company culture that wildly embraces diversity.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top