Engineering Manager - Engineering Apprenticeship Program
- San Francisco, CA
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a talented and experienced engineering leader who is excited at the opportunity to lead engineer cohorts through Twilio’s Hatch Software Engineering Apprenticeship program. As a key driver for building, retaining and growing diverse junior engineering talent, this role must balance business needs with the introduction of the next generation of software engineers at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and demonstrates an equitable approach to building engineering teams. They also have:
- A drive to act as a champion for their team, setting individuals up for success and putting others’ growth first.
- A strong growth mindset and know how to push others to achieve their potential.
- Familiarity with agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- You enjoy being cross-functional and influencing resources outside of your immediate control.
- A passion for coaching senior engineers towards mentorship opportunities.
- An ability to pragmatically distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- A love for making an impact and thriving in collaborative, energetic teams.
As an Engineering Manager for the Hatch Software Engineering Apprenticeship program, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Lead a development program focused on an equitable approach to enabling apprentice software engineers to be successful contributors towards Twilio’s core products. Engage with recruiting to source talent through development bootcamps and community partners as part of Twilio’s Hatch program.
- BE AN OWNER: Provide individual and team support and guidance that enables self-organization, sustained high velocity, and predictability.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with talent acquisition and key engineering stakeholders to maintain a strong pipeline of diverse hires through recruitment, hiring, training, placement, and ongoing support.
- DON’T SETTLE: Contribute to and develop key strategic goals within Twilio’s Platform Engineering organization and Engineering Education & Training team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Act as an ambassador for Twilio’s values, partnering with local development bootcamps and communities to continue to build strong external relationships.
This is a unique opportunity to lead Twilio’s Hatch Apprenticeship program in our San Francisco location. The Hatch program is designed to provide access to software engineering roles for persons with non traditional educational, professional and personal experience. Hatch ensures apprentices have the resources and on-the-job experience they need to grow their careers — without compromising their identity or rounding down their personalities to an expected norm.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top