Engineering Manager - Consumer Trust
- Bengaluru, India
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an engineering leader to lead the trusthub KYC solution for the Risk Platform Engineering team in Bengaluru, India. As a key member of the team, you will be joining in our new Bangalore office, with an opportunity to help define our technical and team culture in India. A successful candidate will innovate. embody a growth attitude, collaborate effectively, mentor engineers, solve business problems, and operate highly resilient distributed and scalable services.
- Twilio is looking for a strong Engineering Manager who lives Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of shipping data pipelines and models that achieves business goals. They also have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science..
- 10+ years of proven experience in writing production-grade code in a modern programming language like Java and Python
- 3+ years experience managing a team of software engineers
- Preferably, solid experience building and iterating on observability of large-scale distributed systems
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available and performant fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements through to debugging complex systems in Production.
- You show evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services and developing products on AWS or GCP
- Strong experience working with Java and related technologies(spring, dropwizard etc)
- Experience developing RESTful services, streaming applications using Kafka, Spark.
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
As a Engineering Manager:
- Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- Be hands-on with the engineering team - contributing to the code base in the early days of the team and product.
- Institute development standard methodologies to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code. Lead code and architecture design reviews
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident record on partner concern and response processes for the team.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt.
- Collaborate with our central design team to ensure consistency across our user experiences.
- Serve as the team’s Scrum Master, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with partners and dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- As a member of the Engineering Management team, foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
- Act as an ambassador for Segment, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
The Consumer Trust Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to prevent consumer harm by offering products and services that protect our customers and help them authenticate their users. We also ensure that every call, email and message that is made using our service is wanted, safe and legal. To do this we need to continue to develop and evolve our products and services and ensure they are able to scale; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top