Engineering Manager - Authy
About the job:
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers through their journey to Agile Maturity. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Write performance evaluations, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with the Product Manager and Tech Lead to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt.
- Institute development best practices (e.g. inspired by Extreme Programming) to ensure the team produces high quality, well architected and supportable code. Lead reviews of design. Also work to maintain the Continuous Integration environment.
- Serve as the team’s Scrum Master, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with stakeholders and dependent teams. Create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- As a member of the Engineering Management team, foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
- Act as an ambassador for Authy, recruiting and motivating top talent.
- Minimum two years experience leading a team of 4+ engineers as a manager. You are first and foremost a people person who has the ability to attract and motivate top talent. You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through delivery of client apps. As a pragmatist, you are able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- Master of agile processes, continuous integration and test automation. Ideally you have completed formal Agile training and have managed a Scrum team.
If you are not experienced in two factor authentication or security, no worries, you will learn. We are seeking leaders who have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top