Email Delivery Manager
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Email Deliverability Manager to act as a player/mentor for our deliverability specialists and handle a portfolio of high-value Professional Services customers, including some of the biggest brands and largest senders on the platform. They will lead a team of expert consultants who maximize delivery of messages to the inbox while ensuring compliance and safeguarding our platform. This position will also work cross-functionally on pre-sales work, product feedback, and overall methodology improvements.
A true people leader, this manager cares deeply about their team, thinking about their career trajectory and working to build opportunities for them to learn and grow. This manager coaches team members on how to create long-term relationships with customers. They also serve as an escalation point and help customers & consultants work through issues when critical incidents occur. Reporting to the Delivery Director for the Deliverability Practice, this position is crucial in supporting Twilio’s growth and enabling the world’s leading brands on the Twilio SendGrid platform.
Twilio is looking for a servant leader who has a demonstrated track record of leading consulting teams and have:
- 5+ years in a customer-facing role of a highly technical product, and at least 3 years experience in a customer consultative role. Messaging deliverability experience preferred. 4-year degree preferred, or relevant experience required.
- 3+ years working with a SaaS-based product, large scale email operations (sender, ESP, or receiver), or SMS services is highly valued. Omni channel experience is also plus.
- Strong understanding of email engagement metrics and tools to query and analyze client results
- Experience leading by example and inspiring others
- In-depth understanding of the technical aspects of messaging, including; email FBLs, DNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC and other core infrastructure. Knowledge of SMS delivery is a bonus.
- Advanced Excel skills, proven understanding of deliverability reporting with large-scale analytics tools (e.g. MySQL, Splunk, Hadoop, Snowflake) highly desired. Ability to build salesforce reports also valued.
- Knowledge of global and regional data collection and handling requirements from both a legislative (CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR etc.) and receiver (Gmail, Microsoft etc.) perspective.
- Experience using 3rd-party deliverability tools (eDataSource, Valimail, 250ok, Email On Acid)
As an Email Deliverability Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Multiply your impact by mentoring, coaching and teaching your team best in class email delivery consulting and industry knowledge. Ensure your team has an appropriate workload.
- DON'T SETTLE: Look for patterns in customer needs and ways to improve the team’s efficiency and effectiveness through tools and processes. Call out issues and roadblocks to ensure our customers and your teams are able to succeed.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Share widely and enthusiastically your team’s accomplishments, goals, and delivery excellence for our customers. Maintain a CSAT >4. Measure the teams capacity and performance.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Drive positive customer outcomes with a focus on being a technical mentor, teaching other team members to improve customer email deliverability through industry standard methodologies. Continue to work with several critical accounts - about 50% of your time
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of judgment and appropriate client communication in all engagements. You will lead by example, embodying Twilio’s promise to deliver the most trusted communications platform.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers!
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$109,824 - $151,008
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Back to top