Email Delivery Manager
- Denver, CO
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Professional Services Consulting Manager to act as a player/coach for our deliverability experts and manage a portfolio of high-value Professional Services customers, including some of the biggest brands and largest senders on the platform. They will lead a team of expert consultants who maximize delivery of messages to the inbox while ensuring compliance and safeguarding our platform. This position will also work cross-functionally on pre-sales work, product feedback, and overall methodology improvements.
A true people leader, this manager cares deeply about their team, thinking about their career trajectory and working to create opportunities for them to learn and grow. This manager coaches team members on how to create long-term relationships with customers. They also serve as an escalation point and help customers & consultants work through issues when critical incidents occur. Reporting to the Delivery Director for the Deliverability Practice, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growth and enabling the world’s leading brands on the Twilio SendGrid platform.
Twilio is looking for a servant leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading consulting teams.
They ideally have:
- 5+ years experience in a customer-facing role of a highly technical product, and at least 3 years experience in a customer consultative role. Messaging deliverability experience preferred.
- 3+ years experience in a SaaS-based product, large scale email operations (sender, ESP, or receiver), or SMS services is highly valued. Omni channel experience is also plus.
- Strong understanding of email engagement metrics and tools to query and analyze client results
- Experience leading by example and teaching others
- An in-depth understanding of the technical aspects of messaging, including email FBLs, DNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC and other core infrastructure. Knowledge of SMS delivery is a bonus.
- Advanced Excel skills, working knowledge of deliverability reporting with large-scale analytics tools (e.g. MySQL, Splunk, Hadoop, Snowflake) highly desired. Ability to build salesforce reports also valued.
- Knowledge of global and regional data collection and handling requirements from both a legislative (CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR etc.) and receiver (Gmail, Microsoft etc.) perspective.
- Experience using 3rd-party deliverability tools (eDataSource, Valimail, 250ok, Email On Acid)
- Passion for customers and problem solving
- 4-year degree preferred
As an Email Deliverability Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- Empower Others: Multiply your impact by mentoring, coaching and teaching your team best in class email delivery consulting and industry knowledge. Ensure your team has an appropriate workload.
- Don’t Settle: Look for patterns in customer needs and ways to improve the team’s efficiency and effectiveness through tools and processes. Escalate issues and roadblocks to ensure our customers and your teams are able to be the best.
- Be an Owner & Be Bold: Share widely and enthusiastically your team’s accomplishments, goals, and delivery excellence for our customers. Maintain a CSAT >4. Measure your team’s capacity and performance.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Drive positive customer outcomes with a focus on being a technical coach, teaching other team members to improve customer email deliverability through industry best practices. Continue to work with several critical accounts - about 50% of your time
- No Shenanigans: Ensure the consistent exercise of judgment and appropriate client communication in all engagements. You will lead by example, embodying Twilio’s promise to deliver the most trusted communications platform.
This position would ideally be located in our Denver office, but could be remote. What you will get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top