Director, Revenue Accounting
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director of Revenue to be a key contributor in the Revenue Accounting team.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor with a demonstrated track record in Revenue Accounting. We seek someone with:
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, with a minimum of 5 years leading revenue functions
- Experience managing, coaching and developing a team of 5+ employees
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606
- Maintains high performance standards and has a passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Builds great relationships with business partners (Deal Desk, Sales, Legal, Sales Operations, FP&A, etc) and accounting peers to address accounting and operational needs
- Strong communication and presentation skills - verbal, written and schedules
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with relevant public accounting experience, preferably from the Big 4
- Working knowledge of Netsuite and Looker, helpful
As the Director of Revenue Accounting, you will:
- Oversee monthly close procedures to ensure timely and accurate closing of the books for internal and external reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Ensure revenue for all customer contracts is accurately recorded in accordance with ASC 606.
- Analyze new revenue models and document appropriate revenue recognition treatment under ASC 606.
- Provide disclosures to ensure complete and accurate information is included in Twilio’s quarterly and annual public filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Participate in order to cash process improvements which are aimed at streamlining and scaling our systems and operations
- Lead the team by managing deliverables, setting expectations, providing ongoing performance feedback, creating opportunities and developing goals for your team.
- Liaise with external auditors during quarterly reviews and the year-end audit, including discussing technical revenue accounting issues and internal control findings.
The Revenue Accounting team is central to Twilio's continued growth. The team provides accurate and complete revenue reporting for Twilio and partners closing with other functions to design and implement efficient processes and systems creating a foundation for Twilio’s next phase of growth!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office at 101 Spear Street, San Francisco, California. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top