Director, Pricing & Packaging
About the job:
As Director, Pricing & Packaging, you will lead the creation of pricing and packaging strategies for Twilio’s suite of products. This is an operationally rigorous role where you will own our pricing and packaging strategy as well as day to day management of our pricing execution. You will employ analytically rigorous methods to align the value we deliver to our customers with our pricing schema. You will also establish a regular and systematic review process to update pricing across Twilio’s growing portfolio. Recommendations will be based on thorough analysis of the competition, costs, market dynamics and capacity. You will have the opportunity to combine established industry best practices with innovative new pricing methods.
You will bring deep expertise, strategic insights and business judgment to pricing and packaging discussions. In addition, you will immerse yourself in data to draw out key insights and to communicate recommendations to senior executives. You will work closely with sales leadership, product management, marketing, finance & legal to create and execute a pricing strategy, monitor performance, and evolve the strategy in line with company growth. This role sits within the Business Operations and Strategy Team at Twilio.
- Set pricing and packaging strategy by product, market segment and geography to ensure market competitiveness and value creation for Twilio.
- Identify where opportunities exist to enhance and maximize gross profit margins, and develop strategies to capture those opportunities, engage with executive team to flag key pricing issues for review.
- Support negotiation of customer or product opportunities, and recommend pricing and negotiation positions based upon analysis and competitive intelligence.
- Develop and monitor metrics to measure the effectiveness of pricing policy, implement necessary changes, and support business planning processes.
- Manage and scale day-to-day pricing management operations, including pricing review calendars.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. MBA or graduate degree in a management, technical or engineering field preferred.
- 7+ years of experience supporting and/or managing pricing decisions, including forecasting, segmentation analysis, competitive benchmarking, pricing tiering/leveling and statistical price sensitivity modeling.
- Proven track record of leading pricing efforts in technology-intensive industries, with demonstrated expertise in pricing/product strategy formulations.
- Experience and understanding of multiple business models, including complex consumption-based pricing and SaaS packaging with ability to balance multiple methods.
- Exhibits a passion for understanding pricing strategies and executing methodologies.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with strong business judgment.
- Strong financial acumen and modeling skills.
- Superior ability to present to and communicate with senior executives.
- Must exhibit leadership and well developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top