Director of Traffic Operations
At Twilio our customer’s traffic is our business. Maintaining the Twilio quality expectation for both voice and messaging takes a lot of work. This role leads the global Traffic Operations team responsible for managing Twilio’s customers traffic to our carrier partners around the globe.
- Lead and grow a globally distributed team of passionate people & provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Own, operate and maintain Twilio’s traffic operations. Employ metric-driven data to monitor, operate and scale our global traffic profile ensuring consistent quality & deliverability of our customers’ traffic.
- Institute distributed systems best practices, automation, and a software-first mindset throughout the team.
- You will lead the team in incident management and the dialogue with our carriers to build resiliency.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with other teams and stakeholders to drive direction and priorities, both strategic and tactical.
- Provide leadership for the team & be a thought leader on traffic management.
- Define tooling and automation business requirements for metric-based traffic management.
- Guide employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior members while coaching senior contributors to maximize their potential. Write performance evaluations, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- As a member of the Engineering Management team, foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
- Minimum four years experience leading a team of 5+ globally distributed employees as a manager.
- Metrics & data drive you to make decisions that benefit our customers.
- Your focus is always on how we can improve the customer's experience.
- You are familiar with Voice or Messaging routing. Bonus points for both.
- You have worked in a NOC or Traffic management environment.
- You have 4+ years experience working with a modern ticketing system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of telecom operations.
- 8+ years working in the global telecom traffic industry.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top