Director of Sales - Wireless / IoT
We are looking for proven individual contributor within the IoT/Wireless space comes with a strong book of business. Twilio that is in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market. You'll be working with enterprise customers and some of the world's hottest startups to the largest enterprise companies.
About the job:
Our customers are often software engineers, device manufactures, and product managers. You must love talking to not only engineers and product managers but also build new relationships with senior business owners and decision makers (CIOs, CTOs, VPs of Product / Chief Product Officers, Business Unit owners) about building their business on Twilio and managing the overall commercial relationship with these customers (including white space identification, contract negotiations, etc). The ideal candidate has between 8-10 years of cellular / IoT experience in selling connectivity to enterprise companies. This role is reporting into the newly created IoT / Wireless business unit.
- You will be responsible for revenue growth, gross profit optimization, customer satisfaction and increasing our share of wallet across these customers.
- You will be expected to strengthen and deepen our relationship within these customer accounts, including upleveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations (CIOs, CTOs, CFOs).
- You will be expected to spend significant time on-site to build relationships across the company, including regular engagement to provide support, discuss current issues, provide product updates and discuss current and future business opportunities.
- You will be required to conduct Quarterly Business Reviews and work with Twilio product and sales leadership to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account. These account plans will be reviewed by Twilio sales management.
- You will be expected to proactively gather, analyze and leverage data on customer changes, industry trends and competitive dynamics to influence how these customers can use Twilio to drive maximum value for their businesses.
- You must devise effective sales strategies to negotiate and close deals.
- You are not afraid of a large quota and driving to quarterly revenue numbers.
- You will be expected to fully utilize all sales force automation, funnel management and prospecting tools and accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through use of our CRM.
- You will be required to work cross functionally within Twilio to bring issues and support tickets to closure, as well as assist in launching new use cases.
- You've demonstrated success selling IoT products or cellular connectivity for IoT devices.
- You have a strong understanding of device manufacturing cycles and can work with customers to understand their device distribution strategies.
- Understand fully the needs of IoT/M2M or Telematics market adopters for network services and associated platform applications.
- Possess a technical aptitude and quickly be able to learn and understand the wireless communications and Internet sectors including SS7-based network, satellite services, GPRS/GSM, CDMA/1xRTT, and SMS messaging wireless technologies.
- Proven track record of verifiable customer revenue expansion and profit maximization in a quota driven business environment is key.
- Effective negotiators and closers wanted.
- Demonstrated experience delivering superior customer service and attention to detail.
- Needs to use SalesForce (SFDC) proficiently for tracking activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Understanding of value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- You embrace a solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to deal with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are a doer first.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. You have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sounds simple.
- The ability to listen first, add value in every conversation and magically say the right thing at the right time to make things happen. You recognize the value of brevity.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top