At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communications should be a feature of every app and integrated to every experience, rather than shipped in a box. We’re seeking an unbelievably talented product leader to define and execute against this giant vision that builds upon Twilio communications API platform.
About the job:
Real time communication has the potential to radically improve every product experience, giving users the ability to interact in within the context of a particular task via the most natural way we communicate, voice. We’re looking for someone who can work with developers around the world to realize the full potential of contextual voice communications.
This role will involve:
- Developing deep expertise on real time communication technologies including WebRTC to understand what's possible and where are the biggest product opportunities are, and to enable developers to build great communications experiences.
- Distilling the long-term vision and strategy for the Programmable Voice SDKs and building the roadmap to get us there.
- Working with customers to understand the problems they are trying to solve, as well as what is working well and what is not.
- Working with engineering across every part of the product lifecycle to write the product specifications, build the product and operate the platform.
- Accelerating learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Driving adoption to existing and new products to grow the developer base.
- You have 5+ years experience as a Product Manager for a technology company.
- You have knowledge and experience with media communication technologies; including real time audio and video, media transport protocols, and media quality of experience optimization in communication systems.
- Experience with Mobile Development (iOS and Android) is required.
- You have deep understanding and knowledge of WebRTC is a plus.
- You are a person who thrives in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity. You should have experience shipping products in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re hands on, passionate, and collaborative.
- You have experience writing code - for fun, college, or work. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top