Director of Human Resources
People Operations plays an integral role in growing and keeping the amazing team of Twilions that we have. You’ll be a champion of Twilio’s culture and values, partnering with our People Team leaders and business leaders to strategize, solve challenges, and implement solutions as our business continues to scale domestically and internationally. The role of Director of Human Resources is to solve organizational challenges through people-related solutions. It’s your role to partner on the creation of people strategy that will support Twilions in realizing their full potential. You will also be very hands-on, because at Twilio we hire DOers who are all about getting stuff done!
- Work to drive Twilio’s People strategy, through the operational aspects of HR that supports our goal of encouraging Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow. Primary areas of focus are HR Systems & Analytics, Immigration, International, Global Mobility, Contingent Worker Management, Policies and Compliance.
- Oversee the on-going strategy and implementation of Workday to ensure successful launch of various modules and adoption across the company. This includes understanding business needs and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure a smooth transition with Workday.
- Define long-term people analytics strategy and provide the insights for smart people decisions and strategies.
- Provide program management support (data and analytics) for company programs including quarterly compensation reviews, managing system administration for L&D platforms/tools, quarterly board reporting, and more.
- Responsible for the overall planning, strategy and ownership of Twilio’s global mobility functions including management and oversight of immigration and the business processes supporting international assignments as well as domestic and international relocation. You will own the strategies and policies to support Twilio’s long-term business strategy and talent needs.
- Responsible for the oversight of Twilio’s contingent workforce, policies, and procedures for domestic and foreign offices to ensure compliance with local laws.
- Keep us safe, secure, and compliant. SOX controls and audits, data management, PIIA management, and all areas of compliance are areas of focus.
- Partner with People Team leadership and our business leaders to understand key people needs and build solutions around those priorities.
- Design and launch new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and delivery of services.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to mentor and coach, while fostering a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Manage a top-notch People Ops organization and develop future People leaders.
- Tech savvy HR leader with 7+ years experience; Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Workday expertise with implementation experience.
- Immigration and International expertise with experience in rapid growing global workforce at start-up.
- Knowledge of contingent worker requirements and all things compliance related.
- Process-driven, strong analytical mindset, detail oriented
- Exceptional problem solving ability. You can figure stuff out!
- Strong business acumen with the ability to think and plan strategically and tactically.
- Exceptional ability to consistently balance multiple projects, programs and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience across all facets of HR, with a passion for getting stuff done.
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills.
- Unique ability to inspire and lead by example
- Enjoys coaching and mentoring.
- Energetic, fun, smart and collaborative thinker.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top