Director of Global Partner Management - Messaging
- London, United Kingdom
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director of Global Partner Management to join our carrier relations team and expand our partnership strategy of the Twilio service. This role will be responsible for the strategic direction and growth strategy of our partners while carefully balancing the gross profit and COGs goals of the company. We also look for experience in managing a global list of named suppliers from beachhead to maturity, through the evangelism of new products and with a constant eye for quality. This position would report to the Vice President of Carrier Relations and will support Twilio’s expansion within the Messaging Business Unit.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of global sms A2P Partner management success
- 9-12+ years relevant experience in the telecommunications industry managing the global SMS business, voice, aggregators, carriers and associated technologies within the A2P messaging space.
- Knowledge of aggregator & operator industry both on a Global and Regional level(s).
- Expertise in the messaging ecosystem and a proven track record of winning market share.
- Demonstrated ability to lead partnerships globally and exceed KPs (position will have a targeted attainment goal(s)).
- Proven leadership of managing to cost, margin and net revenue.
- World class people manager and player/coach attitude.
- Ability to inspire teams from an operational, product, strategy and sales execution perspective.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Hands on: Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Gets things done. High personal productivity: you are a “doer” first.
As Director of Global Partner Management, you will drive results leveraging many of our core principles using the Twilio Magic:
- Be an Owner - Manage the overall business relationship with telecommunication providers (aggregators, suppliers, MNO’s), including daily, weekly, and monthly communication, deal-making (business development) and COGS negotiation, contract negotiation, and strategic direction. Overdrive your assigned targets, managing margin ($ and %), along with driving growth MoM and YoY.
- Be Bold - Accountable for the business and partner performance management against cost and quality performance goals for the Twilio service. Lead the business escalation process with each telecommunication provider to ensure proper attention is given at appropriate intervals to critical service issues
- Draw the Owl - Communicate strategy and progress internally, and collaborate with an array of internal teams including business development, executive, finance, legal, marketing, product, and engineering. Act as subject-matter expert for business and regulatory affairs associated with the telecommunications industry on new and prospective product/service launches. Establish the deal structures and operators partnership framework for the delivery of the Twilio service
- Ruthlessly Prioritize - demonstrate the ability to keep prioritize the goals of the organization, ingestion of large volumes of requests from internal customers and deliver solid solutions to our Customers.
- Be Inclusive - Highlight your ability to work well with groups of people, achieve deliverables in a highly collaborative manner and win as a team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Location: Europe (London/UK, Sweden, Spain, Germany)
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top