Director of Global Event Marketing
Twilio is looking for a Director of Global Events to join the Brand Experience team in Marketing. You’re joining a multidisciplinary leadership team of Creative, Engineering, and Production to deliver a Twilio-caliber presence everywhere we have a presence.
About the job:
Your core responsibilities are across three critical areas:
Own the Execution Strategy. You’ll define and drive the global strategy around how we execute world-class event presence. You build the enablement platform for regional teams to execute events themselves - maintaining a portfolio of vendor relationships, framework for measuring effectiveness of events, process & relationship definition with the internal Creative team, and quality bar of the in-person visitor experience.
Ship the World’s Finest Developer Conferences. You build and ship SIGNAL, Twilio’s first-party developer conference series. Your team understands the audience, positions the conference competitively in the market, and drives promotion of the show like any other product Twilio ships.
Lead and Grow a World Class Team. You’re a leader with a proven track record of leveraging a high-performance, data driven team. And you’re a leader who nurtures the talent, career paths, and attracts the talent necessary to execute events globally at massive scale with precision & quality.
- Drive awareness of the Twilio brand through first & third party event execution.
- Bring the Twilio brand to life at a level of excellence that delights new customers, and new experiences for customers who have been with the company for years.
- Partner with the Twilio Sales organization leadership to align on and support the global sales effort with qualitative and quantitative understanding of the performance of events
- Build a world-class team that continually iterates on the standard event approach with customer voice, data, and experimentation on new ways to engage customers.
- 7-10 years in event marketing and demonstrated expertise in strategy and execution.
- 4-5 years in a leadership capacity managing a team of event marketers and associated budget and program spend
- Background in technology & vertical event marketing. Experience with the developer community, and business buyer audience that surrounds that community is a must, to address the varying audiences and use-case verticals our customers reside in.
- Technically curious. You’re an individual who revels in new technology, and imagining the possibilities. You want to work with a group of like-minded marketers and engineers to spread the Twilio vision.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top