Director of Customer Success
We are looking for an experienced leader passionate about customer success to lead a team of CSMs serving our strategic and enterprise customers in the fast-growing cloud market. Your job is to recruit, mentor and lead the team to consult existing customers directly helping them optimize their existing Twilio use cases as well as onboard closed opportunities from the sales team.
- Drive your team towards achievement of key customer success outcomes including:
- Reduced churn
- Influencing future lifetime value through customer satisfaction, overall health scores and adoption of sticky features of the Twilio platform
- Successful customer launches
- Define and Optimize the Enterprise and Strategic Customer Lifecycle
- Map Enterprise customer journey and develop listening points in that journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.)
- Standardize interventions for each point in journey
- Define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Learn from best practices in industry
- Lead world-class team of Sr CSMs and Strategic CSMs
- Attract high potential individual contributors into team
- Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Encourage continuous learning within team
- Conduct weekly 1:1s with CSMs to walk through their portfolio, identify risks, ensure customers are being led down the prescribed journey, address coaching opportunities, etc
- Achieve operational excellence and continuously communicate metrics to team
- 5+ years experience in leading customer-facing organizations
- Strong mentorship & people management skills demonstrated
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Passion and empathy for customers
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Curious. Persistent. Creative. Fun to work with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are a “Do-er” first.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top